Friday 6 August 2010

Friday Aug 6th Trading day

Wheat seems to be the big talk at the moment - might be a good short term trade - not sure it affects UK co's that bake very much longer term.  Like the corn price rises 2 years ago when everyone was supposed to be making ethynol, as soon as these commodity prices rise then farmers move to growing the crops in demand, then the price comes back.  Bit like these hurricanes that hit the gulf - sends oil up short term but really it's noise imo.  Nice if you're a russian gangster tho - you bet on wheat then set fire to the stuff - simples ;-)

Highlights for me today at lunchtime:

PMP spiked this am - sellers when it hit the recent highs but I think the results next week will take PMP through that level.

NSR continues it's rise from the results - suspect there's a good broker note or two out.

TNI - dips getting bought straight way - 180p broker target - only 115p to buy currently.

LLOY - long today - it's broken out so trading that.

GKN - still pushing at that high - through 153p and that's a right old breakout - worth £2 imo.

DVO sitting on a breakout here, FENR coming to life again.

AND ticking up again - shame I sold half :-(

RDW - story in the Mail yesterday of a 170p+ bid - breaking out here and a bit lively after volume a week ago - I'm watching and ready to buy if it starts to spike up more

That's today for me here so far

8 comments:

  1. I hope you can find the time to keep this blog going together with your CR thread. Its really worth a read. Really helpful to a newbie.
    Thanks CJ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will try to do so joronco.

    Sold FDT today, held a while but going nowhere.

    TNI going well.

    US jobs number poor but the markets taking it on the chin - sign of a bull market when they can shrug off bad news, so the theory goes.

    RGD getting a bit of a bummer now but I had the fun on the up, got to take the pain on the down. A stale vull I suspect and perhaps the stock was ahead of itself at 34p but if the co t/s is true they should be well ahead of forecasts imo. Oh the fun of risky penny shares :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CR, Is WLF the wrong kind of share for your thread.I'm surprised nobody has commented on how well its moving since I posted yesterday. Or is it cos i'm new on the thread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ditto Jon

    As a newb, I appreciate CR's blog more than the thread as a lot of the thread contains penny share tips and some non-ISA'ble stock.

    Shame I didn't see WLF about 2 weeks ago, lovely ascending triangle. I'd have thought it was the perfect share for the thread, but it seems people are after baggers rather than 25%ers.

    Thanks again Cockers! :) Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chas
    I'm not sure thats the case cos they also follow GKN,LLOY,BBA etc which are all much bigger companies. Long live the blog.

    Maybe we should start a newbie thread.Anybody know how.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WLF - yep, a nice move today joronco. I've not been a chip chaser in ages tho I have traded IQE a bit. chips in play with Arm and all the Apple stuff doing so well. CSR seems to be in the duldrums tho.

    Yep, I'm interested in anything outside the FTSE100 and can even be tempted into those on occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is moving so well because of the connection with the new Xbox 360 which is due out later this year. I havn't found confirmation of that on the Wolfson website but I will keep looking. If it's confirmed though I think it could be huge for WLF.Thanks CR

    ReplyDelete